Your carpets provide a soft, warm place for your feet to walk on. No matter how careful you are with the carpets in your home, at some point in time, you will have something spilled on them. Because you’ve probably taken careful time to choose your carpets, you want them to look as good as new for as long as possible. Part of prolonging your carpet’s lifespan is regular carpet cleaning. In addition to this, you can help your carpet to maintain its newness by spot cleaning stains in a prompt and proper manner.
Tips for Effective Carpet Spot Cleaning:
- Be sure that your carpet cleaner is lukewarm—if it is too cold or too hot, it may set the stain or fail to remove it.
- Test your carpet cleaner (commercial or homemade) on an inconspicuous area (such as a corner) before treating the stain.
- Use a clean, absorbent cloth (preferably white) to absorb the stain.
- Clean the stain by blotting it to pull it up, rather than rubbing the spot—which will force it deeper into the carpet.
- Use only as much cleanser as necessary to get the job done.
- Be sure to follow all of the instructions found on the carpet cleanser packaging.
Following these simple spot cleaning tips can help you to keep your carpet in outstanding condition. If you find that you are in need of more detailed spot cleaning, contact us at Proclean Properties Inc. When cleaning carpets, we have the knowledge and experience to make them look as good as new.