When it comes to carpet maintenance, most people start with vacuuming, so that’s where we’ll start – back to the basics. But we’ll also give you some other useful carpet cleaning tips and guidelines.
- Carpets should be vacuumed once a week. In areas of heavy traffic, do it more often. Regular vacuuming extends the life of carpet by preventing an accumulation of gritty particles than can compromise the fibers.
- When vacuuming wall-to-wall carpet, divide the area in quarters and vacuum one entire quarter before moving onto the next.
- One of the most important carpet cleaning tips is to take your time when vacuuming, particularly if the carpet is plush because dirt is sure to be embedded deeply. One pass with an upright is not sufficient! Go over each section several times and do it slowly to allow the vacuum to suck up all the ground-in dirt and dust.
- Pay careful attention to areas where people move their feet and sit. Vacuum these areas in a crisscross pattern with overlapping strokes.
- To fight odors, add some baking soda to the vacuum bag.
- Soil retardants can be applied to freshly cleaned or new carpets. This process, however, should only be done by a professional cleaning business.
Remember, odors are one thing. Spills, spots and stains are another. They occur in just about every carpet and are often difficult to remove. Learn how to tackle these with these great carpet cleaning tips.
At Proclean Properties Inc., we offer environmentally-friendly residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and tile & grout cleaning in and around Orlando, Florida. Contact us today for more information.